Tutorials, Animations, Links
- Activities for ESL Students
- Free site with online quizzes, exercises and puzzles.
- Common Errors Explained
- A, An, Some
- Adjectives Ending in -ed and -ing
- Do and Make
- How + Adjectives / Verb To Be
- Must, Have to
- My/Yourself, Each Other, Etc.
- Past Tense
- Past Tense Forms
- List of Irregular Verbs + Rules
- Present Tense Verb Forms
- Differences: I Play vs. I Am Playing
- Non-progressive Verbs: Know, Understand etc.
- Progressive: I'm Playing, etc.
- Simple / Habitual I Play, etc.
- Simple: Negative Forms I Don't Play, etc.
- Simple: Question Forms Do You Play, etc.
- Say and Tell
- Something, Anything, Nothing, Etc.
- There Is / Are
- To versus At
- Animations (A) and Examples (E):
- Doubling Final Consonants (A)
- Past Tense Negative Forms (A)
- Past Tense Yes/no Questions (A)
- To Be Present Tense Affirmative (E)
- To Be Present Tense Negative (E)
- To Be Present Tense Questions (A)
- To Be Past Tense Affirmative (E)
- To Be Past Tense Negative (E)
- To Be Past Tense Questions (A)
Is ESL Blues for you?
Adjectives, Articles, Adverbs, etc.
Animated Grammar Tutorials
Be (I am, you are, etc.)
Double Quizzes (trivia quizzes plus grammar)
Reading Texts and Quizzes
Verbs: Different Tenses, Infinitives, Gerunds, Etc.
Vocabulary: Problem Words
Tutorials and Examples, etc.
ESL Blues: Recent Changes
The purpose of the site is explained in the section entitled Is ESL Blues for you? at the top of the page.
ESL Blues is for people with different levels of English. In the past, it was mainly for medium-level students, but now many new quizzes and tutorials are being added for complete beginners.
If you consult this same page on a recent smartphone, only those quizzes, tutorials and games that work on that size screen will be displayed. Check back often as the site is being rapidly updated.
For those using an Apple tablet (Ipad), the Flash quizzes do not work. Click instead on the latest version of that quiz. If there is no latest version, be patient. It will be uploaded in the near future.
If you prefer to use the old website, click here or on the link at the top right of the page. It will not show any new updates or links to new quizzes.
To allow quick loading, especially on phones, this site offers few sound files. Future ESL Blues apps, however, will include sound files. In the meantime, if you wish to hear the texts or dialogues in an accent and a voice of your choice, cut and paste them into the text box at acapelabox.com. The sound reproduction is reasonably good, and it is free to listen to. Click for more information about hereacapela box.
Use the ESL Blues Blog if you wish to make comments about the site, or email me at email@example.com.
This page was last updated on Aug 24th 2014.
Pedagogical content and code is © Eifion Pritchard and cannot be reproduced without author's consent.